Starfrit The Rock Reviews – Is Really Safe?
If you’re scouring online reviews for high-quality cookware that won’t break the bank, then you’re in the right place.
Starfrit is offering us their innovative design, The Rock cookware. As tough and durable as a …. well, rock!
Their unique take on non-stick cooking promises to be much better and last much longer than many of its higher price ranged competitors, at least 30% better.
Take a look at Starfrit The Rock reviews – is Really Safe?
Not only will you be making the most informed buying decision but you’ll gain peace of mind knowing if your cookware is safe for you and your family.
starfrit the rock cookware Review – The Features
- Unique technology uses minute steel pellets infused into a heavy, thick aluminum base. This makes their cookware at least 3 times more durable than traditional non-stick pans.
- Up to 50% stronger than similar cookware
- 40% more abrasion and scratch resistant than competitors
- Rock. Tec surface gives a natural non-stick cooking surface without the need for seasoning
- Superb heat conduction provides even cooking on low and medium temperature settings
- PFOA-free construction
- Food release up to 3 times better than similar styles
- All Starfrit cookware has a lifetime guarantee against warping
- Suitable for most cooking surfaces
Is the Starfrit The Rock Worth A Buy?
There may be more familiar brands available at higher price points, but for me, these sets hold their head high amongst the best of them.
They look and feel like high-quality products and produce great cooking results.
Longer lasting, strength and durability, plus superb non-stick results without the fear of PFOA chemicals makes this a winner.
Compared with cast-iron cookware that has similar results, it is less time consuming to maintain and weighs less, if that is a factor for you.
When you compare the stats with similar cookware ranges and then compare the cost, I genuinely believe that the Starfrit, The Rock cookware is most definitely worth buying.
The biggest negative I have found is that The Rock range is not compatible with an induction cooktop.
Starfrit the rock cookware List
Starfrit The Rock Reviews
1. The ROCK by Starfrit 10-Piece Cookware Set – Our Pick
This is a nice selection of pans that will give you the versatility to cook almost anything.
The attractive black, speckled finish with stainless steel handles could take pride of place in any kitchen.
What to expect
- 11-inch deep frypan with lid and helper handle
- 1qt saucepan with lid
- 2qt lidded saucepan
- 3qt lidded saucepot
- 6qt saucepot with lid
The unique Rock. Tec design gives the surface it’s amazing non-stick properties, at least 3 times better than its closest rival. The ‘slidey-egg test’ will work for years to come if you care for your Starfrit cookware correctly.
Superb non-stick cooking properties also equate to quick and simple cleanup. Literally, seconds to restore your pans to looking like new.
Why You’ll Love This Set
Every pan has its own individual, vented lid, unlike other sets that have 1 or 2 universal ones for the whole set.
Where this might be good for space-saving, it isn’t ideal when preparing a large meal with several different pans on the cooktop at the same time.
Considering the incredible strength and durability that these pans possess, they are surprisingly lightweight. Lighter than you would expect from something with a “rock-like” finish.
Cooking times will decrease as heat distributes very fast and evenly, your meals won’t have undercooked cold spots. Steaks will turn out perfectly, each and every time.
- 10-Year Warranty
- Safe for gas, electric, ceramic and halogen
- PFOA and PTFE free
- Superb food-release qualities
- Great heat distribution for even cooking results
- Ultra-fast cleanup
- Each piece has its own vented lid
- Superior durability
- Not induction safe
- Dishwashing will possible discolor the finish
2. The ROCK by Starfrit 8-Piece Cookware Set – Our Pick
This is a slightly smaller set than the above, Starfrit The Rock cookware, but with one main difference.
If you are concerned about heat transfer on stainless steel handles, then consider this set.
The handles are still constructed of durable steel but have been encased in heat sustainable Bakelite.
This will allow you to pick up the pans without the need for an oven mitt even after it has been on the cooktop for some time.
What to expect
- 5qt saucepan
- 3qt saucepan with lid
- 5qt saucepot with lid
- 8-inch frypan
- 10-inch frypan with lid
The same tough cooking surface is used as in the previous set. It will neither warp nor stain allowing your cookware to be reliable for many uses to come.
The minuscule metal pellets that are infused to make the surface give it a slightly uneven finish. This helps with the unique non-stick claims as tiny air cushions sit between ingredients and the base of the pan. This makes for simple food release.
What I love about this set
These pans are broiler safe. So cooking on the stovetop and finishing in the broiler make for less cleaning up, just 1 pot!
This set doesn’t skimp on high-quality, even though it remains at a truly affordably priced.
Durable, attractive, and versatile, an ideal starter set for any home.
- 3-year warranty
- Unique rock-like construction for durability
- Gas, electric, ceramic, halogen compatible
- Broiler safe
- Warp, abrasion, stain resistant
- Superb non-stick qualities
- Great price point for top-quality product
- Not induction safe
- Don’t use sharp utensils
- Dishwashing may ruin appearance
3. Starfrit Set of 2 Fry Pans, with Bakelite Handles – Our Pick
If you only need a pan or 2 or want to try the Starfrit brand, The Rock frying pan reviews should help you to decide.
This set comprises of 2 pans
- 8-inch frying pan
- 5-inch frying pan
They are both deep so that stir-frying is a breeze. You could prepare an evenly cooked steak in 1 and use the smaller one to fry an egg or 2 in. The brilliant non-stick capabilities will let the egg slide straight onto the meat, a quick wipe over and the pan will look like new.
Both pans have Bakelite handles which will stay cool for a long time, grilling and broiling become easier.
What I love about these pans
Their terrific performance for such a good price. The non-stick, strong durability and good-looks aren’t sacrificed even at such a low price point.
The Rock’s technology allows even heat transfer at low and medium temperatures.
Cooking healthy family meals is a simple task as minimal oil or butter is required to maintain food releasing.
With a lifetime guarantee against warping, non-stick that is 3 times better than its competitors and thick and durable good looks, these pans should be worthy of serious consideration.
- Lifetime warranty against warping
- Rock-tec construction for toughness and durability
- Very easy clean
- Attractive black finish with white flecks
- Bakelite handles for safety under higher temperatures
- Deep pans for maximum capacity
- Superb even heat distribution
- Not induction compatible
- No lids supplied
4. THE ROCK by Starfrit 3-Piece Cookware Set – Our Pick
This set is perfect for novices or the more experienced home-cook alike. Both pans offer superb non-stick performance that doesn’t degrade over time.
The textured surface allows tiny air pockets to form and prevent any food from sticking. Even omelets slide from the pan perfectly smooth and even.
This set comprises of
- 8-inch frying pan
- 11-inch deep frying pan, 4qt capacity, with lid
As with all The Rock products, you can expect heavy, indestructible looks at a not so heavyweight. They are metal utensil safe, there is no non-stick coating to scratch, remember.
Even so, by not using anything sharp-edged, instead choosing silicone or wooden tools will help to protect your cookware for even longer.
What I love about this set
The larger, deep fry pan is ideal for searing a larger piece of meat and then placing directly into the oven. The pan itself is safe up to 450° the glass, the vented cover is safe up to 400°F.
Perfect for 1-pot cooking and 1-pot cleanup meals!
This is a lovely set that can form the basis of a much larger collection. However, owning just these 2 pans will allow you to cook in most styles, boiling, frying, sautéing, and stir-frying to name but a few.
- 10-year warranty
- Amazing strength and durability
- Stainless steel handles, tempered glass lid all oven safe
- Fast even heat conduction
- Strong and dense base cooking surface
- Scratch and abrasion resistant
- 3-times better food release than traditional non-stick
- Black with white specks, attractive design
- Not induction compatible
- Only frying pans supplied in this set
Starfrit The Rock Video Review
How to care for starfrit frying pan
It is useful to know that to take proper care of your new cookware there are a few simple points to follow:
- Never heat an empty pan, always put oil or butter in first.
- Never add salt to your pan until after the water is boiling.
- Never use sharp-edged utensils in the cookware.
- Do not use metal scourers when washing, warm water, a cloth, and mild detergent are all that will be needed.
- Never, ever cook on high heat. You won’t need to. A low to medium heat setting is always sufficient.
All of these simple tips will help to increase the service life of your pan and keep the non-stick surface intact.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can you use high heat for Starfrit, The Rock cookware?
No.But then, you never need to. Heat is conducted so well across the entire cooking surface that low and medium temperatures are more than sufficient to achieve perfect results.
Is Starfrit The Rock dishwasher safe?
Although technically it is safe to use your Starfrit cookware in the dishwasher it isn’t recommended. The shine finish may get damaged and leave your pan with stains.
The good news is, you should never need to take up unnecessary space in the dishwasher. The non-stick coating is so good on a The Rock cookware that a few seconds wipe over in warm water is plenty.
Is Starfrit the Rock oven safe?
Yes, it is. The only thing you need to be wary of is handles will get hot; you will need oven gloves, obviously!
There is a misconception that some of the handles are plastic and, therefore can’t go in the oven. This is wrong. The handles are actually Bakelite and will be safe in temperatures of up to 450°f. With excessive use, Bakelite may go brittle and break off.
Can Starfrit The Rock cookware be used on an induction cooktop?
While it is safe for all other cooking surfaces, gas, electric, halogen, and ceramic, The Rock cookware isn’t induction cooktop compatible. This is because the bases are fabricated from ultra-thick aluminum, which isn’t magnetic.Stainless steel bottomed pans are best for induction hobs.
Is Starfrit The Rock cookware PFOA free?
Yes, it is, and therefore safe and ideal to use in everyday cooking practices.
We trust that our Starfrit The Rock Reviews have put your mind at ease.
Knowing that there are no harmful chemicals that can be transferred into your food or via odors is a good thing to know.
The added bonus with Starfrit Cookware is that not only does it look good, but it will also serve your family for many years ahead.
No more sticking vegetables or meat that catches on the cooking surface. Instead, healthy ingredients that slide from the pan every time, all at a great price.