Want to buy a new cookware but can’t decide which one? In this question, regarding a perfect cooking utensil, the names of Stainless Steel and Ceramic cookware come first. In the modern cooking industries both of this kitchen, products are available with very good quality meeting all the safety purposes and have replaced the Teflon coated traditional cooking sets. Both of them come with high recommendations but are also significantly different in their durability, performance, and aesthetic appeal. The factors like- what you will cook and how you will cook as well as your personal choice have great influences on which of these will suit you better. This article in detail on Stainless Steel Cookware vs Ceramic Cookware is for you below to help find out your perfect kitchen partner.
Stainless Steel Cookware vs Ceramic Cookware
- A brief introduction about them
- Some common features of both
- Advantages and disadvantages and
- The preferences of their users
What is Stainless Steel Cookware?
Nearly everyone has heard of Stainless Steel cookware now a day and has used it more or less. Stainless steel cookware comes with the beautiful artistic appearance as well as a variety of features. A stainless steel cookware set with high-grade tri–ply construction makes itself a creation of the highest excellence. Along with these features, the Stainless steel cookware always helps in creating a quality, healthy dish that is why the top chefs use them to prepare a variety of meals in restaurants.
What is Ceramic Cookware?
Ceramic Cookware refers to clay pans and pots that are often a good choice for home cooks as it is scratch resistant. These cookware sets are usually kiln-baked and specially glazed. They can also be made of some metals, usually aluminum, with a ceramic enamel coat. Ceramic cookware can be the best option for baking and serving.
Traditional ceramic glazes may have high risks of lead transference. So if you are looking for this type of ceramic product, it is best for you to get something from a reputed large company that meets all the FDA specifications.
Ceramic enamel cookware is a modern innovation in nonstick cookware trend. These cooking sets will give you the same cooking benefits and comforts like other nonstick cookware with no risk of lead release.
Common Features – Stainless Steel Cookware vs. Ceramic Cookware
The stainless steel cookware and the ceramic cookware both are very rich in their features. Some of their common features are compared below:
Features of Stainless Steel Cookware
- Corrosion Resistant Property: Stainless steel is uniquely able to resist corrosion and stains for a long time. Other elements like nickel, nitrogen, and molybdenum, etc. are also added during manufacturing the stainless steel cookware sets to increase its corrosion resistant properties.
- Auto Healing Power: One of the unique properties of stainless steel is its power to heal itself. Added chromium in a stainless steel cookware form an invisible chromium oxide layer that protects its surface. Even mechanically and chemically damaged stainless steel can become self-healing in the presence of a small amount of oxygen.
- Good Strength and Hardiness: Besides, the advantage of its significant strength-to-weight is another major benefit. Being corrosion resistant and sturdy, it provides a lifetime service with style and comfort.
- Easy to Use and Clean: Stainless steel cookware needs less effort for maintenance, comfortable to use and easy to clean and sterilize. That is why it has come to the top chart to be commercially used in first class restaurants and many other medical and healthcare industries.
Features of Ceramic Cookware:
- Safe to Use: Ceramic cookware is coated with healthy and environment-friendly materials that ensure it to reduce the risks of releasing any chemical substances.
- Low-Fat Cooking is Possible: These will allow you to cook with the low amount of oil without leaching any hazardous chemicals. That is why it has replaced other Teflon coated nonstick cookware to health conscious people.
- Ensures Even Cooking: Ceramic Cookware ensures even heat distribution thus food is evenly cooked very fast on low flame.
- Long Lasting Product: Ceramic cookware sets are scratch proof, sturdy and can be last for a long time if you properly treat it.
- Easy to Clean: These can be washed very easily and quickly by hand only with a soft sponge and a mild dish soap. They are also dishwasher safe.
Advantages and Disadvantages Comparison
Stainless Steel and Ceramic cookware sets– both are very good in their performance and help to prepare high-quality foods, they also have some negative points. Their advantages and disadvantages are compared below:
Advantages of Stainless Steel Cookware vs. Ceramic Cookware
- It will not corrode or develop rust
- Long lasting than other materials
- Has a positive user’s feedback and very good market reputation
- Easy to clean and also dishwasher safe
- Has a very opulent look
- Extremely durable
- Scratch proof
- Comes in different colors and patterns.
- Do not contain harmful chemicals.
- Even sticky foods can be cooked easily.
- Requires less oil and butter to get a low-fat dish.
- Cleanup is a breeze.
- Some are dishwasher safe.
- Even heat distribution allows you to get fast and properly cooked food.
Disadvantages of Stainless Steel Cookware vs Ceramic Cookware
- Not always the best heat conductor.
- You may need a lot of practices to get your best dish.
- You can’t avoid using butter or oil to prepare a low-fat meal.
- Can be one of the expensive cookware.
- Requires extra care to get long time service.
- Some items may come with simply a ceramic coat.
- Thinner coatings sometimes may chip or fade.
User Preferences – Stainless Steel Cookware vs Ceramic Cookware
Priority of the users to choose a stainless steel cookware or the ceramic one depends on one’s personal preference, taste, cooking habits, budget, etc.
Those people will prefer Stainless Steel Cookware
- Who love to have classic products in their kitchen
- Who want the most durable one
- Who aren’t interested in spending on cookware within few years
- Who prefer the quality of the product first
- Who like to have a good range of cooking items
- Who love to cook a wide variety of foods
Those people will prefer Ceramic Cookware
- Who like fashionable and colorful kitchen items.
- Who are satisfied with certain styles only.
- Who wants chemical free cookware?
- Who want to use less or no amount of oil or butter for cooking.
- Who want the foods to be cooked evenly and quickly.
- Who face difficulties in cooking viscous foods that may stick with the pans.
- Who hate washing dishes?
Which One Is The Best? Stainless Steel Cookware vs Ceramic Cookware
Both are excellent in their job and unique in their smartness. So, it is tough to decide that which one is better over another.
Stainless Steel Cookware are the timeless classic product, and it never goes out of trend. With an extreme power of sturdiness and durability, they are ready to serve you at its best from generation to generation. Besides, they are completely free from harmful chemicals and keep you safe.
On the other hand, Ceramic cookwares are the urban legends! These are also very stylish in appearance as well as efficient to perform their best. Being lightweight, they are also very easy to use. Unlike the previous nonstick cookware, there’s no risk of releasing carcinogens in your food or even into the air with them.
Both are very strong, durable and come with great appearances that are capable of giving your kitchen an extra dimension. It is quite possible that you’ll want to have both of them as they are equally impressive on their sides. In that case, there is no law that you can’t buy two cookware sets. Otherwise, you can choose the perfect one depending on your experiences in cooking.
- For the inexperienced or beginner cook, it’ll be wise to start with the easy-to-use Ceramic cookware.
- For the wise persons, the Classic Stainless Steel Cookware will be much enjoyable.
If you’re a health conscious person and interested in healthy cooking, cookware is the area that you simply can’t neglect. You may choose the best cooking ingredients and follow the best cooking method; but if you use the wrong cookware, that leaches carcinogens and poisons, all your efforts will be fruitless. There are a lot of options in cookware industries from which you can get your best item. Both types are very strong in their advantages, and both have very few disadvantages, and both can make your kitchen a better place. Hope this Stainless Steel Cookware vs. Ceramic Cookware article will serve you enough guideline to compare and decide what you need.